Generation Green Grants.
Are you a young person with a great idea about how to GREEN your school, community or neighbourhood?
The City of Vancouver and Vancouver Foundation have teamed up to help make Vancouver the greenest city by 2020. We’ve created the Greenest City Fund – a four-year, $2 million fund that will support community-led green projects.
We want to support young ideas for green neighbourhoods, so we’re building on the success of last year’s Generation Green program by putting a portion of the Fund towards the Generation Green Grants program.
The Generation Green Grants are reviewed and recommended by Vancouver Foundation’s Youth Philanthropy Council (YPC). We’re looking for cool ideas from youth-led organizations, which will make your neighbourhood greener and help meet Vancouver’s Greenest City goals.
Your proposal needs to meet the criteria below and must benefit your Vancouver neighbourhood.
Applications must come from youth or youth workers through a qualified organization; see what that means here.
Projects must benefit and be undertaken in a Vancouver neighbourhood.
In addition, the YPC focuses on projects that:
- are youth driven and/or include youth in their design, implementation and decision-making
- build good youth partnerships and connections
- increase awareness of the diversity of youth ideas and experiences in communities
Projects must address one or more of the following goals from the City of Vancouver Greenest City 2020 Action Plan.
- Local food: increasing local food supply.
- Climate and green buildings: reducing energy use.
- Green transportation: enabling active transportation.
- Zero waste: increasing composting, re-use and recycling.
- Access to nature: Access to nature: increasing the urban forest, creating habitat and natural spaces.
- Clean water: conserving drinking water.
- Green economy: supporting social enterprises and greening businesses.
granting size and deadline
From $1,000 to $10,000 each
Letter of Intent deadline: February 22, 2013
Application deadline: April 5, 2013
how it works
There are three main steps to applying for a grant from us (but they are really part of a number of steps involved in the planning, making and doing of a successful project). More
We encourage you to read our funding guidelines before applying for your project. More
The first step in applying for a grant is to submit your “letter of intent”. Click here for details